‘The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament.’ CCC 1601
Please call the office at least one year prior to the wedding. The couple must attend a mandatory orientation session the third Thursday of March or September at 7:00 p.m. Must call the office to register for the orientation class at 210-688-9033.
There are three class components:
- A weekend Marriage Retreat (Saturday/Sunday) through the Archdiocese that is offered throughout the year.
- Natural Family Planning Classes – held on Sunday afternoons, once a month, for three months at our Parish.
- Christ-Centered Marriage Preparation Classes – hold on the first three Monday nights of May and November at our Parish.
After completion of the retreat and classes, there is also required documentation:
- Baptized Catholics will need to submit a current Baptism certificate, not dated older than six months or one year from the current date
- Marriage candidates will also need to submit copies of any previous:
- Divorces or
- the death of a spouse
Scheduling – to check on the status of a date, please call the office at 210-688-9033. To secure your date and time on the Parish calendar, please put down a deposit to hold it.
The cost categories are as follows:
- Contributing Parishioners: There is a nonrefundable $50.00 fee for parishioners who have contributions of $600.00 or more in the last calendar year. The fee is required and payable at the time the reservation is made to hold the date on the church calendar.
- Parishioners who do not fall into category #1 above. The fee is $500.00 to cover the use of the church (utilities, janitorial expenses, etc.). There is a nonrefundable $50.00 deposit required and payable at the time the reservation is made to hold the date on the church calendar. It will be a credit off of the $500.00 total above and the balance due after the deposit will be $450.00. If you cancel less than six (6) months before the wedding $200.00 of the $500.00 total will be refunded.
Parishioners must reside in our zip codes. We have most of 78253 and the portion of 78254 that is outside of 1604.