‘The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament.’ CCC 1601
Please call the office at least one year prior to the wedding. The couple must attend a mandatory orientation session the third Thursday of March or September at 7:00 p.m. Must call the office to register for the orientation class at 210-688-9033.
There are three class components:
- A weekend Marriage Retreat (Saturday/Sunday) through the Archdiocese that is offered throughout the year.
- Natural Family Planning Classes – held on Sunday afternoons, once a month, for three months at our Parish.
- Christ-Centered Marriage Preparation Classes – hold on the first three Monday nights of May and November at our Parish.
After completion of the retreat and classes, there is also required documentation:
- Baptized Catholics will need to submit a current Baptism certificate, not dated older than six months or one year from the current date
- Marriage candidates will also need to submit copies of any previous:
- Divorces or
- the death of a spouse
Scheduling – to check on the status of a date, please call the office at 210-688-9033. To secure your date and time on the Parish calendar, please put down a deposit to hold it.
The cost categories are as follows:
- Contributing Parishioners: There is no cost to parishioners who have contributions of $600.00 or more in the last calendar year. A $50.00 deposit is required and payable at the time the reservation is made. This deposit will be refunded after the wedding. If you cancel less than six months before the wedding, the deposit will be forfeited.
- Parishioners who do not fall into category #1: A $450.00 fee is required and payable at the time the reservation is made to cover the cost of utilities and janitorial expenses. If you cancel less than six months before the wedding $200.00 will be refunded.
Parishioners must reside in these zip codes, 78250, 78251, 78253, 78254, 78023, 78056, and 78063.